Ajay Wagh M.Sc., Ph.D.
Ajay obtained his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Biotechnology from the University of Pune (Maharashtra, India). He obtained his Ph.D. from the Tata Memorial Centre-Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research, and Education in Cancer (TMC-ACTREC) in the lab of Dr. Kakoli Bose. During this time he worked on the role of mitochondrial serine protease HtrA2 in Parkinson’s disease using molecular biology and biophysical tools. For his Ph.D., he was awarded a Junior Research Fellowship from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India. He joined our lab as a Postdoctoral Fellow in January 2020. Currently, he is working on mutant Ubiquitin and its role in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Makaros Y, Raiff A, Timms RT, Ajay R. Wagh, Gueta MI, Bekturova A, Guez-Haddad J, Brodsky S, Opatowsky Y, Glickman MH, Elledge SJ, Koren I. Ubiquitin-independent proteasomal degradation driven by C-degron pathways. Mol Cell. 2023 May 17:S1097-2765(23)00317-9. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2023.04.023.
- Ajay R. Wagh, Sulakshane P, Glickman MH. Alzheimer’s disease-associated mutant ubiquitin (UBB+1) is secreted through an autophagosome-like vesicle-mediated unconventional pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2023 Jun;1866(2):194936. doi 10.1016/j.bbagrm.2023.194936.
- Kakoli Bose, Ajay R. Wagh… Rajiv Sarin Loss of GSK-3β mediated phosphorylation in HtrA2 contributes to uncontrolled cell death with Parkinsonian phenotype Int J Biol Macromol. 2021 Mar 11:S01418130(21)00558-4
- Ajay R. Wagh & Kakoli Bose, Structural Basis of Inactivation of Human Counterpart of Mouse Motor Neuron Degeneration 2 Mutant in Serine Protease HtrA2. Bioscience Rep. 2018 Aug 1. pii: BSR20181072. DOI: 10.1042/BSR20181072
- Shital Giramkar, Ajay R. Wagh […], Omkar Kulkarni, Anticonvulsant potential of commonly practiced formulations of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri Linn.) in Wistar rats. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2013 September, Volume 7, Issue 9 Pages 781-836
- Ajay R. Wagh & Kakoli Bose. Emerging Roles of Mitochondrial Serine Protease HtrA2 in Neurodegeneration 2018. (Springer) DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-2513-6_15
- Ajay R. Wagh & Kakoli Bose. Apoptosis in cancer cell signaling and current therapeutic possibilities2019, (Springer) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9816-3_5